Terms and Conditions
Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel and Spa requests that Clients are aware of the following terms and conditions for private reservations or events (eg: conferences, meetings, exhibitions, functions, banquets and other group bookings), to the exclusion of all/any other terms and conditions, and is subject to English Law. Any additional terms specific to events are shown in italics.
A booking is only guaranteed when confirmed in writing by email, letter or fax. For any unconfirmed bookings we will require payment in full on arrival.
The hotel will not accept any bookings more than 12 months in advance unless agreed in writing and a non-refundable deposit paid in advance.
For all private reservations we request a credit card when making the reservation and an imprint on arrival. For events, the deposit should be paid within seven days of making the reservation – the Hotel will treat the reservation as unconfirmed until the deposit has been received and reserves the right to cancel the booking after the 7 days has expired if still unpaid. For certain events, either stage payments or payment in full prior to the event will be requested. Please note that where clients attending events charge items to their room account, we will require a card imprint on arrival.The number of persons detailed in the confirmation represents the number to be charged for. Any increase in numbers must be with the consent of the hotel and will be charged for at the agreed rate. For any reduction in numbers in excess of 10% of the original booking, the hotel reserves the right to collect cancellation charges as shown in section 2. For non-residential functions including weddings, final numbers attending must be given no later than 7 days prior to the event, and any subsequent decrease will be charged for in full. A postponement of an event will be considered as a cancellation, and will be liable for charges as shown in section 2.
2. Cancellation Charges
18/03/20 – Update to terms in response to coronavirus
EXISTING BOOKINGS MADE BEFORE 18/03/20:
- For pre-paid, advance non-cancellable bookings, we will offer to move your booking to any date up to 31st December 2020. Please note that there may be an additional cost for alternative dates, which would be payable on arrival.
- All flexible bookings can be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival with no charge.
- We strongly advise you to book our flexible rate as this will give the option to amend or cancel your booking up to 48 hours before your arrival. Any new pre-paid, advance non-cancellable bookings made cannot be amended.
In the unfortunate event that it is necessary to cancel your reservation(s), or reduce the number of your party, please ensure you notify us as soon as possible, either in writing or by email. The Hotel will charge for any cancellation or reduction in numbers, based on the following criteria:
For Individual Guest Bookings
For Events,Conferences or Functions
|24 to 12 weeks prior 25%|
|11 to 3 weeks prior 50%|
|Advance Purchase bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.||20 days to 7 days prior 75%|
|All standard bookings cancelled after 9 am – 2 days prior to arrival -100%||Less than 7 days prior 100%|
The hotel will endeavour to mitigate any loss, but any resulting costs (eg: advertising, commissions) will be charged. The hotel strongly advises clients to purchase suitable business or holiday cover either through an insurance company or with the hotel’s own cancellation cover scheme.
3. Cancellation by the Hotel
Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel and Spa reserves the right to cancel any reservation under the following conditions: a) the hotel and its booking system or any part of it is closed or overbooks rooms due to circumstances beyond its control b) the client becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership c) to avoid a breach of these conditions d) if it may prejudice the reputation, or cause damage to the hotel. In any of these circumstances, Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel and Spa will refund any advance payments, but will have no further liability to the client. The hotel reserves the right to cancel any booking for any reason provided the guest is notified within 24 hours of that reservation being made.
4. Payment & Credit Facilities
The Hotel will require payment in full prior to departure, and reserves the right to request interim payment(s), especially where an account exceeds an agreed limit. Credit facilities may be extended for group reservations, or clients arranging repeat bookings, but this is solely at the discretion of the Hotel. To arrange credit facilities, please request an application form. This must be returned at least 4 weeks prior to the reservation commencement date. The Hotel requires payment in full within 28 days, notwithstanding any queries on the account. The Hotel reserves the right to charge interest at 4% above Barclays Bank Plc’s base rate, until the account is fully paid, regardless of judgement. The hotel reserves the right to charge the client’s credit card with any unpaid charges discovered after the client has checked out.
5. Third Party Reservations
Should the Client choose to make the reservation through a third party (eg: Booking Agent), the client remains wholly responsible for the payment of that account in the event on non-payment by that third party.
The Hotel must agree any variations to the details of the reservation(s), of any kind. Any price variations beyond the control of the Hotel (eg:VAT increase), will be passed to the client. The Hotel reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the reservation where this is essential to the hotel operation, and will endeavour to notify the client accordingly.
The Hotel cannot accept responsibility for the property of the client or guest, on any part of the premises, whether internal or external, and clients are advised to consider third party personal or group insurance as applicable.
8. Client’s Use of the Hotel / Damage
The Client is responsible for any damage caused to Hotel property, furnishings, fittings or equipment, or by any member of their party, sub-contractor or guests. The Hotel will require immediate payment to remedy any damage caused. It is recommended that appropriate insurance is obtained to cover any liability. Alterations may not be made to the fabric of the hotel, or electrical and plumbing apparatus, without consent from the Hotel Manager. All clients must comply with the regulations of the hotel, whether internal or enforced by third parties, including licensing, health and safety, and fire.Clients may not consume food or drink within the hotel boundary which has not been supplied by Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel and Spa, unless written authorisation has been given. The hotel reserves the right to charge the tariff rate for any such items. Any advertising material incorporating images or logo’s of the hotel or it’s associated company, must be agreed by the Hotel Manager before prior to use.
Parking is free for guests who book directly with us, bookings made using other websites are charged at £8 per night. Free hotel parking is available from check-in to check-out.
‘Win an afternoon tea for 2’ competition terms
1. The prize will consist of a ‘Traditional Afternoon Tea’ gift voucher for 2 people at Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel and Spa Bournemouth. Voucher must be redeemed within 18 months.
2. To enter the competition you must ‘Like’ the Facebook competition post, sign up with a valid email address to receive promotional emails on our website via the sign-up form on this page https://www.theconnaught.co.uk and reply to the Facebook competition post with ‘DONE’.
3. All entries received by 11.59pm on 16th August 2020 will be entered into a prize draw. Winner will be selected at random on 17th August 2020.
4. Employees/contractors/families of the Promoter and any companies associated to the Promoter are not eligible to enter this promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
5. The winner will be notified via Facebook within two working days of the draw. The winner will be required to respond within 7 days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event that a winner does not respond within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and award select an alternative winner.
6. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry void.
Promoter: Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel and Spa, West Hill Road, West Cliff, Bournemouth, BH2 5PH