We are delighted to confirm that we’re taking reservations from Monday 17th May onwards and we cannot wait to welcome you all back!
Bluewater Spa will be open again on 4th May for members and 17th May for hotel guests.
Our bar and restaurants will be open from 17th May.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
We’ve updated our booking policy to give you more flexibility when you book directly with us.
- All flexible bookings can be cancelled FREE of charge up to 9am the day before your arrival on stays up to 31st December 2021. Flexible bookings for stays after this date can be cancelled FREE of charge up to 48 hours before your arrival date.
- All advance purchase bookings made for stays up to and including 31st December 2021 can be cancelled FREE of charge up to eight days before your arrival. Advance purchase bookings made for stays after the 31st December 2021 are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For group bookings of five rooms or more, seven days cancellation notice is required.
If you’re a member of our Bluewater Spa, please don’t worry about your membership fees or direct debits – all fees were automatically be frozen for the time that we were closed.
If your gift voucher expires whilst we’re closed, we’ll extend the expiry date for you so that you don’t have to worry about losing out.
All of these safety measures will be reviewed regularly to ensure that we’re following all of the latest government advice.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask in all public areas of the hotel (excludes areas such as the restaurant, bar, spa and bedrooms)
- Perspex screens have been added to all relevant areas
- An enhanced deep cleaning programme is carried out in all communal areas, with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- We will encourage all guests to use our WhatsApp Business. This will allow guests to interact with our team during their stay via WhatsApp rather than face to face.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for guests in all main areas of the hotel
- Safe distance markers have been added to the floor in relevant areas
- Health and hygiene signage has been added to remind guests about best practices
- We will always attempt to operate a contactless process for our guests. E.g. encouraging guests to contact reception via phone for assistance unless it’s absolutely necessary to speak to us in person.
- We will only be accepting debit and credit card payments at this time to avoid the handling of cash, this includes service at the restaurant or bar
- Lifts will still be in operation and regularly cleaned and disinfected, but with signage to limit them to one guest, or guests from the same room at any one time
- We have created an online directory and menus so you can see the latest information about the hotel at your fingertips.
Bedrooms / Housekeeping
- Housekeeping won’t be provided as standard to protect both you and our team, but can be provided on request. If you’d rather our team didn’t enter your room during your stay, we’ll happily supply clean towels, linen, toiletries etc to your door as you wish.
- All bedrooms will be meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected between guests. Extra attention will be paid to high touch areas such as TV remote controls, light switches, kettles, hair dryers, wardrobe doors and any other buttons or handles.
- We will only provide our housekeeping services whilst you are out of the room, let us know if you have a preferred time for this to happen
- All glasses and crockery have been removed from the room and replaced with disposable cups
- We have removed any non-essential items from the bedrooms e.g. decorative cushions, throws, magazines etc.
- We’d request that when possible, guests should use their bedroom toilet rather than toilets in the public areas of the hotel
- In order to practise good hand hygiene, we’d ask all guests to wash their hands when returning to their bedrooms.
Check-in and Out
- Express check-in. To reduce contact, and the time spent at reception, we’ll take payment and obtain check-in information prior to your arrival where possible.
- Express checkout. Your final statement will be emailed directly to you.
- Room keys will be sanitised before issue and upon return.
- Swimming pool – In order to allow for social distancing, a maximum of 12 people are allowed in the swimming pool at any given time. We’re looking forward to relaxing these rules as soon as the guidelines change.
- Anyone wishing to use the pool will need to book a one hour slot with reception.
- Chlorine use in the pool will continue as usual, which is known to eliminate viruses such as coronavirus.
- Changing facilities – Where possible, we request that all visitors to the spa change in their rooms, or in the case of the members, at home. Where this isn’t possible the changing rooms will be open but visitors should remain socially distanced at all times.
- Gym – We have removed some gym equipment to allow social distancing and the gym is limited to a maximum of four people at a time. We’re looking forward to relaxing these rules as soon as the guidelines change.
- Cleaning products will be provided in the gym, please use these before and after you use any equipment. All equipment will also be cleaned and sanitised by our team every day.
- Spa treatment rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each guest, as always.
- A perspex screen has been added to the spa reception desk
- Changing rooms and showers will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day
- Additional covid safety training has been given to Bluewater Spa therapists. They will also wear the appropriate PPE when carrying out spa treatments.
- Hand sanitiser is available at reception, we’d encourage all visitors to use this on their way in and out of the spa
- All visitors to Bluewater Spa will need to sign in and out so that we can use this data for track and trace, should it be necessary
- A one way system has been put in place throughout the spa to help with social distancing.
Food and Drink
- When you stay with us you can choose to dine in the designated areas or with room service, charged at £3.50
- Guests are able to order and pay from their table via the app ‘Butlr’, ensuring an almost contactless dining experience
- All tables and chairs in restaurants, bars and communal areas are laid out 1 metre apart as per government guidelines
- Breakfast buffets have been removed. Instead, those items will be available for service to the table or your bedroom.
- Weather dependent, we will aim to maximise the availability of outdoor spaces for dining and drinking
- We will be offering table service in our bars to avoid guests having to come up to the bar
- All of our colleagues have been trained in new hygiene practices and procedures based on official guidance from the government
- All team members will use recommended personal protective equipment where necessary
- All our team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing wherever possible
- All colleagues will be required to stay home if unwell and have been asked to check their temperature each day before coming to work.
If there’s anything that you would like further information about, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.